Friday, July 11, 2008

Thanks, Mecher

For years, I have felt dejected because I never found a major in college that I actually enjoyed enough to make a career out of. Not that there was ever anything wrong with econ, but I have never felt all that passionate about any of the majors I tried, and I have always wondered if that made me strange.

Talking to our merchandising supervisor yesterday showed me that I am not the only one. He had the exact same problem, and, like me, graduated with something just to say he had a degree. That was a relief to me. I wonder how many other people had that problem.

I still worry that I won't find anything. I talk about wanting to get my paralegal certification, but at the same time I worry that I won't truly enjoy that either and it will be a waste of my money.

Ah well. I guess I will keep searching.

2 comments:

Abbie said...

Searching with you! Thousands of dollars and three degrees later (with the PhD hopefully on the way), I still wonder what it is that I want to do...blogging, I guess!

And do come visit!

Sara said...

I think I'm sort of in the same boat, too. Though I really love my job, but I didn't love Economics... it was just the closest thing to business. I really wanted to do Supply Chain Management, but my mishaps my freshman year at MSU held me back from getting in. I still sometimes think I might pursue a masters in SCM, but who knows... right now I'm thinking I might want to go a more creative route... like photography or something.